Editor's note: CNN.com features a company cooperation with CareerBuilder.com, which serves as the unique provider of job directories and solutions to CNN.com.
Many companies would want to confirm that your home workplace is a business-friendly environment.
In the last couple of years, a home based job has gone from being a rarity to a reality.
With improvements in technology, more and more people are able to connect to work from their property computer systems or laptops. So that as staff members continue steadily to crave flexibility and yearn for a better work/life stability, more folks will work at home for at the least section of their particular workweek.
While many companies tend to be allowing existing employees to transition to different telecommuting choices, some companies are also creating work forces which are constructed entirely of staff members working at home.
Let me reveal a sample of 10 companies that only employ at-home workers:
• Alpine Access is a telephone call center company that uses customer support associates that really work from home. Workers utilize their own telephones and computer systems. The business provides representatives for customers like workplace Depot and J. Crew.
• Convergys employs home-based call center representatives which offer help in customer care, and supplies sales agents or assist desk staff for companies.
• Extended position provides their customers with outbound sales agents and marketing and advertising help staff which work at home.
• Web Girl Friday provides I . t assistance including administrative services for clients nationwide.
• LiveOps provides customer support assistance for multiple significant corporations.
• Spheris provides support to medical experts. Their services include medical transcription and clinical documentation.
• Staffcentrix provides virtual assistants for company clients, including CEOs and top management of major corporations.
• VIPDesk provides call center support and in addition provides a home-based concierge solution to customers.
• Voicelog provides associates to perform verifications for transactions done online or by telephone. Numerous says need changes to telephone solution and other remote transactions is validated by a 3rd party, which VoiceLog provides.
• western in the home also hires home-based customer support representatives. They cater to a particular selection of sectors, devoted to healthcare and pharmaceutical assistance, as well as the hospitality industry.
Staff members need to fulfill some basic needs, including having a phone and access to a PC. Even though the work is carried out at home, interviews to do the job aren't constantly done remotely.
Working at home is an evergrowing and genuine opportunity, but employees should nonetheless avoid any task that requires one to spend cash, supply use of a banking account or throw in the towel many personal information up front. These are indicators of a potential scam.
Standard organizations with home-based workers
Some traditional businesses have home-based workers inside combine as an element of their general staffing methods. Companies as diverse as American Airlines, TDS Telecom, 1-800-FLOWERS, Sprint and Xerox have programs that allow standard employees to transition to telecommuting or hire workers especially to get results at home.
Aetna is just one of the companies which has had developed and implemented these types of a program. "Our telework system started as a grassroots initiative to keep skilled employees when there have been web site consolidations, " Aetna Telework Program mind Eileen Levin describes.
This system, which began just a few years ago, is quite popular with staff members. Levin notes that considering that the beginning regarding the program, participation features jumped 300 %. Around 10, 000 Aetna workers, or 27 % of the organization's employees, now work from home.